Residential Pest Control / Commercial Pest Control
Service to Dallas / Ft. Worth
TPCL # 13842
Buzz KillSM Pest Control, LLC
Pest Control Tips
Buzz Kill Pest Control, LLC has some great tips on mosquito prevention that will help in your Fort Worth Dallas mosquito control program, or for your Fort Worth Dallas mosquito misting system program.
Fort Worth Dallas mosquito prevention tips!
Homeowner prevention tips:
- Eliminate or reduce mosquito breeding sites by replacing all standing water at least once a week. This includes bird baths, ponds and swimming pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
- Introduce mosquito-eating fish such as gambusia, green sunfish, bluegills and minnows to standing water.
- Screen windows, doors, and other openings with fine mesh, sealing around all screen edges and keeping doors and windows shut to prevent entry.
- Avoid going outdoors when and where mosquitoes are most active: during dusk or dawn.
- Use repellent on exposed skin whenever and wherever mosquitoes are likely to bite. The most effective repellents currently available contain the active ingredient N,N-diethylbenzamide (DEET), in concentrations up to about 35% (greater concentrations don't offer better protection).
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long-legged pants, preferably treated with a repellent as well.
Do you have questions about mosquitoes, mosquito control or mosquito misting systems? Please click on one of the below links for additional information.
Dallas Fort Worth termite prevention tips!
Buzz Kill Pest Control, LLC has some great tips and information on how to prevent termites in both post construction and pre construction phases of building.
Termite Prevention Tips Post Construction:
- Avoid water accumulation near your structures foundation.
- Divert water away with properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
- Make sure the structure is properly ventilated, including the attic and internal crawl spaces.
- Identify and fix all water leaks in your home, both internal and external
- Remove any brush or heavy growth around your home.
- Never bury wood scrapes or waste lumber in your yard.
- Store all fire wood and excess building material away from the structure
- Most importantly, eliminate wood contact with the soil by maintain at least a one-inch gap between the soil and wood portions of the building
- Clean building site of all stumps, roots, wood and similar materials before you start construction.
- Remove all form boards and grade stakes used in construction.
- There should be no contact between the building woodwork and the soil or fill. Exterior woodwork should be located a minimum of 6 inches above ground and beams in crawl spaces at least 18 inches above ground to provide ample space to make future inspections.
- Landscape plants and irrigation should not be placed within two feet of the foundation.
- Thorough annual inspections should be conducted to discover evidence of wood damage or termite activity such as shelter tubes on foundation surfaces, wings or adult termites.
- Any wood to ground/soil contact, such as fence post, poles and general foundation structures, should be commercially pressure treated, and should not touch another structure.
Feel free to visit our coupon page for money saving offers! http://buzzkillpestcontrol.com/specials.php
Cooler temperatures means pests will be moving indoors!
Rodents are excellent climbers and when fall starts and food sources are scarce, they can easily enter your home. Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a nickel. Rats can gain entry to a home through a hole the size of a quarter. Other pests can crawl through weep holes, tiny cracks around window and doors, under garage doors, from branches and shrubs that touch the home, eaves, etc.
Preventative tips that you can do as a homeowner:
- Cut down on entryways, which can reduce problems indoors. Install door sweeps or thresholds at the base of all exterior entry doors. Don’t forget to check the garage door and fit with a bottom seal.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes (outdoor faucets, gas meters, clothes dryer vents, telephone wires, cable/TV wires, etc.).
- Remove sources of moisture and harborage.
- Keep branches and shrubs trimmed away from the home.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it on a regular basis.
- Store any firewood away from the house and off of the ground.
- Don't overlook proper drainage at the foundation and always install gutters or diverts which will channel water away from the structure.
- Consider applying an exterior insecticide treatment.
Call a reputable company like
Feel free to visit our specials page for money saving offers!
Connect With Us:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Fort worth: 817-812-BUZZ (2899)
Dallas: 214-295-OUCH (8789)
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE COUPONSNow you can save even more on your Pest Control service.
Sign up today to receive coupons from Buzz Kill Pest Control.